Saturday, November 01, 2008

Little Bit of This & That...

PandaGirl was a medieval princess for trick-or-treating. Got lots of candy! She has this costume because this coming Friday we are hosting a medieval retreat for the 5th & 6th graders in the Children's Ministry and the leaders are all dressing in character. Of course, PG HAD to have one too! ; )

Last week we went on our second date in a WEEK!!! We had fun double-dating with friends while going to a golfing range. I'm am not a golfer, but had a BLAST hitting those little balls!! Great stress reliever, I found. We decided that we want to go on a date night at least twice a month. So important to continually date my man. I just love him so.


PG's hair is growing out so beautifully!


A little bit of stuff:

~Gained 6.5 pounds since starting work. Yuck. Got my rear on the treadmill.

~Had a teacher/parent conference to listen to PG's kindergarten progress. She is doing very well and right on track. Woohoo! However, PP and I were totally cracking up when the teacher told us that she had difficulty recognizing just a few of the lower-case letters. Guess what one of them was? /x/ LOL!!! Doesn't that look JUST like the upper-case one?! Maybe my sweet baby was nervous...or blonde. ; )

~Excited for my MommySpice friend getting the Auntie Ann's pretzel store they wanted.

~Have been able to keep up MORE with my BFF who moved across the big Pond since over there she has fast internet and not dial up like she did just three hours from me.

~Haiti paperwork going right along.

~Found my stride at work. Still counting down the days until June, though.

~LOVING the fall weather!!!!!!!!!!

~Made a wonderful beef vegetable soup, then noticed---right before spooning the soup into the bowls---that the garlic jar lid was oozing black stuff and the lid DID look like it had been "popped" when I was cooking--I thought it was nothing, but after seeing the black goo...we ditched the tainted soup and headed out for Tex-Mex instead. HATED wasting a whole pot of soup!!! GRRRR!

~Found one of my best friends from high school on Facebook whom I haven't seen in 19 years. Very fun.

~Got sucked into a new book and devoured almost 400 pages in two nights! Which leads me to this:
~~~~I'll open up a fun little can of worms with my next post...Twilight.

Have a blessed and happy weekend! ; )

11 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Great pictures! I love the date night idea of hitting little tiny balls for stress relief...hee hee. Just think it's only a few weeks until Thanksgiving break. Being in education, I understand the countdown too. Have a fabulous weekend. We're going to spend all weekend trying to find room for all the Halloween stuff. Ugh.

Journey on! by Kelleye said...

Glad your back on- missed you. Great pictures! PG is sooo adorable!

Kelley said...

Twilight addicted girl here! I have finished reading the whole series. They are seriously addicting! It's amazing that my family got fed while I was reading these books. I read the second and forth books in a day. Not the same day though! :-)

3 Girl Mommy said...

I look forward to your post on Twilight because I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THAT IS and I am apparently alone there! :)

Funderstorm said...

Yeah!! You're back! Now I know how you felt when I was 3 hours away. :) Miss you.

Mama Darling said...

Glad to hear that PG is doing well in kindergarten. The /x/ thing? Too funny. Had to be just a fluke. Thanks for the update. We'd love to see you.

Mommy Spice said...

I showed Spicy Girl P.G.'s hair the other night. It really is getting long.

I've gained a few pounds myself after working so hard to lose them. The trip to Penn did me in with tasting all the pretzels and eating out for every meal. Ugh!!

I'm 1/4 in to Twilight. Can't wait to see your post. I'm enjoying it so far.

Love you!!

Denise C said...

OK....very fun post! I love that you covered it all!!! Panda girl surely did get the loot!!!
Love her costume!!!
Have a great week, my sweet friend!!!
Hugs!!!
Denise

Terri said...

Can't wait for your next post!

Cindy Cates said...

I love reading your blog. I am a friend of Stephanie Mackey's and was in her wedding so I guess we have seen each other at some point. My husband and I are in the process of adopting from China and have been waiting 9 months and have many more to go. Thank you for sharing with us!
BTW, I am a HUGE fan of Twilight. I finished reading all 4 books 2 weeks ago. The books are totally addicting so don't worry, it's not just you!
Cindy

You Little O Wife said...

Love the BU hat in the date night pic. Sic 'em bears!!!